THE LONG OF IT...
SOME THOUGHTS ON EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS...
** We prepare for life all the time. From buying coffee so we can make a pot in the morning
to doing the laundry so we have clean socks, we try our best to be prepared.
** Preparing in advance for an emergency makes perfect sense.
** Maybe you'll never need your plan.
** Below is a list of suggestions.
There are obvious ommissions; food, for example.
IF YOU HAVE SUGGESTIONS, PLEASE SEND THEM THROUGH THE CONTACT BOX BELOW.
• Snack foods
• First Aid Kit / Blanket
• Special dietary needs
• Medicines / Prescription Drugs
• Toiletries / Anti-bacterial liquid soap / Moisture wipes
• Catheter / ostomy supplies
• Flashlight / Batteries
• Radio - Battery operated and NOAA weather radio
• Telephones - Fully charged cell phone with extra battery
and a traditional (not cordless) telephone set
• Contact your police or fire department to see if they have any tips for safety
• Important documents - in a waterproof container or watertight resealable plastic bag
~~ insurance, doctor contact information; diagnosis / medical records, bank account numbers,
Social Security card, etc.
PET / SERVICE ANIMAL
--- dog tag for ID (AT ALL TIMES)
— supply of food and water
— muzzle and leash
INFORMATION SOURCES ~ You should be able to find everything you need here.
www.nod.org/emergency National Organization on Disability
www.afb.org American Foundation for the Blind
www.nad.org National Association of the Deaf
www.ncd.gov National Council on Disability
For more in-depth information, get a copy of "Disaster Preparedness for People with Disabilities" (A5091)
from the American Red Cross, or visit